Founding Partner of The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
As a Partner at The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C., Jonathan H. Cox is committed to getting extraordinary results for his ordinary, hardworking clients. His primary focus is representing those that have suffered serious injuries as a result of the negligence of others. Cox prides himself on aggressively representing his clients in courtrooms across the State of Texas, while at the same time showing genuine compassion for those that are suffering as a result of their injuries.
While working as a prosecutor, where he was lead counsel over 25 jury trials as an Assistant DA, it became apparent that many of the people he saw in court every day were poorly represented and were often times unaware of their rights. So after gaining valuable trial experience, he made the decision to leave public service and open his own law firm.
Partnering Up To Protect The Rights & Interests of the Injured
After several years of practicing together in the same office, Cox and his law partner, Troy Pradia, decided to join forces to create a law firm that focused on personal injury cases of every kind. As Houston personal injury lawyers, their cases now range from those that have been injured in car accidents to those injured in industrial explosions. The one common denominator with all of their clients is that they are everyday hard-working people that have had their lives interrupted by circumstances completely out of their control.
After working in the trenches with some of the finest lawyers in the city including, Craig Washington, Cox has no problem battling in the courtroom against the big law firms or insurance companies when necessary to obtain justice for his clients.
Establishing A Successful African American Owned Texas Law Firm
The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C. has sued some of the largest companies in America on behalf of their clients. He has said many times, “The combination of preparation and skill allows me to walk into any courtroom against any opponent and know that no matter how uneven the playing field, we can win.”
In 2011, the firm embarked upon a marketing and advertising campaign to reach a greater audience and to provide an alternative to the other lawyers that have flooded the TV Markets for years. The BigCityAccidents.com brand has proven to be very successful from Houston to Beaumont. BigCityAccidents.com radio advertisements and television commercials can be seen and heard across the City of Houston. In the beginning, the goal was to become the most visible and successful African American owned personal injury law firm in the State of Texas. After just a short period of time, they are well on their way.
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- White Collar Crimes
- Complex Criminal Matters
- Managing Partner with The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C./ A Joint Venture
- Founding Partner – The Cox Law Firm P.C.
- Associated with The Craig Washington Law Firm from 2001- 2004
- Galveston County District Attorney, Assistant DA
- Chief of the Misdemeanor Trial Division (Galveston D.A.)
- Felony Prosecutor, 122nd District Court (Galveston D.A.)
- Law Clerk with Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLP
- Intern Clerk with City Attorney, City of Houston
- Southern University Law Center, J.D. 1997
- Prairie View A&M University, B.A. Political Science, 1993
BAR MEMBERSHIPS & COURT ADMISSIONS
- State of Texas, 1998
- Southern District of Texas
- Southern District of New York
- Northern District of Alabama
- Eastern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- District of Maryland
- United States Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Bar Association
- Houston Lawyers Association
- National Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- 100 Black Men of America – Houston Chapter
- Judge -Thurgood Marshall School of Law – Oral Arguments 2006 to present
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Board of Directors – Julia C. Hester House
- Advisory Board Member – National Black Pre Law Conference
- Thomson Reuter’s list of Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star Edition (2004 – 2005)