Personal Injury Attorney in Houston
40+ Years of Shared Experience Helping the Injured
Recovering from an injury can be an expensive and lengthy process. Further complicating your situation is the difficulty of getting back on your feet after an accident. You could be forced to take considerable time off of work — leading to less income to pay for your rising medical costs. If your injury was caused by the negligence or irresponsibility of another person, you have the right to seek compensation.
Our personal injury attorney from our team at The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C. can help you pursue this goal. With more than three decades of combined experience, we know how to protect our clients’ rights. Our legal team is passionate about fighting for injury victims and their families.
Call us if you have been hurt in any of the following accidents:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- 18-wheeler accidents
- Wrongful death
- Nursing home negligence
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Police brutality
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Truck accidents
- Other Injuries
Injured? Our Personal Injury Attorney Will Fight for You.
As experienced trial lawyers, we are always ready to take your case to court. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident, or even killed, you deserve strong advocacy. Let us help you pursue the best possible solution and achieve closure to such a painful experience.
Our philosophy is simple:
- We give every client the prioritization they deserve.
- We treat every case as if it were going to court.
- We are passionate about what we do and whom we represent.
- We are always available to talk with our clients.
- We don’t charge a fee unless we win a case.
Should I post to social media after being in an accident?
You should not post to social media after an accident. Here are some of the negative aspects of posting to social media after a car accident in Houston:
- Legal and Insurance Issues: Anything you post on social media can be used against you in legal proceedings or insurance claims. If you post details that could be interpreted as admitting fault or downplaying injuries, it might affect the outcome of potential legal actions or insurance claims.
- Privacy Concerns: Sharing personal information about the accident, your location, or your activities might compromise your privacy and security.
- Misinterpretation: Social media posts can be easily misinterpreted. Your intended message might not come across as you expect, potentially causing unnecessary confusion or panic.
- Emotional State: After an accident, you might be emotional, stressed, or disoriented. Posting while in this state might lead to regrettable statements.
After being in an accident, it’s important to consult with a personal injury attorney to understand your rights, potential legal actions, and the best course of action to take. Here are 14 questions you might consider asking a personal injury attorney in Houston:
- What Are My Rights and Responsibilities?
- Ask about your rights as an accident victim and your responsibilities in terms of reporting the accident, cooperating with authorities, and communicating with insurance companies.
- Should I Communicate with Insurance Companies?
- Inquire about how to handle communications with your insurance company and the other party’s insurance company to avoid inadvertently admitting fault or affecting your claim.
- What Type of Compensation Could I Be Entitled To?
- Discuss potential compensation for medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other related expenses.
- How Do I Determine Fault?
- Ask about the process of determining who was at fault in the accident, especially if there is a dispute.
- What Evidence Should I Gather?
- Inquire about the types of evidence you should collect, such as photographs of the scene, medical records, witness statements, and police reports.
- What Mistakes Should I Avoid?
- Learn about common pitfalls to avoid, such as admitting fault, settling too quickly, or signing documents without understanding their implications.
- Should I Accept an Insurance Settlement?
- Ask whether it’s advisable to accept an early settlement offer from the insurance company or if you should wait for a more appropriate offer.
- How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
- Discuss the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit related to the accident in your jurisdiction.
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- Inquire about options for compensation if the other driver is uninsured or underinsured.
- Do I Need to See a Doctor?
- Ask whether you should seek medical attention even if your injuries seem minor, as some injuries might not be immediately apparent.
- How Can You Help Me?
- Discuss the lawyer’s role in your case, the services they provide, and how they can assist you in navigating the legal process.
- What Are Your Fees and Payment Structure?
- Inquire about the lawyer’s fee structure, including whether they work on a contingency basis (where they’re paid a percentage of the compensation you receive) or if there are any upfront costs.
- What’s the Likely Outcome of My Case?
- While lawyers can’t predict outcomes with certainty, they can provide you with a general understanding of potential outcomes based on their experience.
- Can You Provide References or Case Examples?
- Ask for references or examples of similar cases the personal injury attorney has handled, which can give you a better sense of their experience and success rate.
Remember that every case is unique, so tailor these questions to your specific situation. It’s essential to have a clear understanding of your options and potential courses of action before making decisions related to your personal injury attorney accident case.
Interested in learning more about how we can help you? Call The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C. today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney in Houston for a free consultation regarding your case.