Houston Burn Injury Attorney
We Are Ready to Help You Seek Relief
When someone acts with negligence or otherwise ignores commonplace safety procedures, the results can be both devastating and unexpected, such as is the case when a burn injury occurs. Most people think of broken bones or lacerations when it comes to personal injury claims, not severe burns; this “out of sight, out of mind” mentality may cause people to behave negligently around dangerous burn sources, unaware that the hazard is so close and can be so damaging.
Sources that may cause serious burn injuries include:
- Faulty wiring (electrocution)
- Open flames
- Hot surfaces
- Hazardous chemicals
- Unstable combustible materials
- Extended exposure to the sun
At The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C., our Houston personal injury lawyers can hear your claim in full detail, using our 40+ years of combined legal experience to pinpoint the cause of your injury and who should be held liable. Medical bills, rehabilitation costs, wages missed while you recuperate, and more should all be provided by the person who has so wrongfully done you harm. Our unique strategies and courtroom aggression are geared toward winning you the maximum compensation possible.
You can start your case today – contact us now to learn your legal rights.
Degrees of Burn Injuries
The value of your claim will depend almost entirely on the severity of your burn injury and how much it debilitates you in your day-to-day life. Allow our team to review your medical records so we can determine your burn’s degree classification. From there, we can consult with medical experts and figure out how long you will require treatment for the injury, ultimately establishing how much compensation you will need now and for the rest of your life.
The various degrees are:
- First: Redness and sensitivity on the skin; generally does not require medical attention, only first aid.
- Second: Skin may thicken, blister, and redden; lingering pain; requires medical attention to heal quickly and properly.
- Third: Whitening of flesh and inability to move the affected area without extreme pain; numbness in the area when still; medical attention is a must.
- Fourth: Blackening of the skin as the burn goes deep into muscles, nerves, and bone; the area may never fully recover and can require amputation.
- Fifth and sixth: Catastrophic burns; considered fatal even with immediate treatment.
Our Simple Philosophy Achieves Victory
We believe in a straightforward philosophy to litigation: we treat our clients with the respect and friendship they deserve, we never back down from a legal dispute once we take the case, and we do not collect payment unless we win our client a settlement. With a long history of successful case results under our belts, our personal injury attorneys like to think that our philosophy serves us, and our clients, quite well.
Call us to request your free initial case evaluation with a Houston personal injury lawyer.